top of page
  • Writer's pictureLittleDreamer

AudioMidiSync update

I've refactored the methods used to sync the audio and midi. In certain circumstances the very first note would not be in sync with the music. I made it better at one point, and it worked in all my test scenarios, but then I started another project and it reared its ugly head again.

The problem was still with the method that primes the audio. The current process to prime the audio is to: mute the audio, play it, then in a co routine loop until the time changes. Once that happens, break out of the loop, stop the audio, unmute, then play it again along with the midi clips. This fixed this issue for the most part.

To fix it completely, I had to remove the "stop" part of the process. Now it is: mute audio, play audio, loop until the time changes, set time to 0.0, unmute audio, play audio delayed.

Look forward to seeing this in the coming update!

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

GOB 'n' GOB™

I am happy to announce I'll be releasing a demo of my new VR game later this year. It's called GOB 'n' GOB, and you guessed it, it uses Sound Reactor Pro. I will post screenshots when I'm closer to fi

Optimized Note Strips

I said in my last blog that the note shader had some restrictions when it came to sizes. Well, no more. As I was optimizing the texture (I wanted it to be a quarter of a circle) I figured I could do t

Note strips with rounded corners

As we all know, meshes with rounded corners means more triangles. I'm a man who strives for efficiency and simplicity (they often go hand and hand after all), so this was not a path I was willing to g


bottom of page